Kidney stones are the worst. There's no getting around that. They're extremely painful and, if recurring, can cause scarring and long term damage. Kidney stones are normally characterized by nausea and vomiting, foul smelling urine, pink, red, or brown urine, and pain that comes in waves. It can also manifest as pain in the back, below the ribs, or in the abdomen. What causes kidney stones isn't totally clear. It probably has a lot to do with diet, lifestyle, and maybe even genetics.
Ginger is pretty awesome.
Ginger is one of my favorite foods to have around. It's delicious in so many things, is awesome at settling your stomach, and is loaded with nutrients too. It's kind of a superfood. It's rich in potassium, vitamin C, A, E, and B complex, as well as magnesium and phosphorus. There have been tons of studies out there to prove its effectiveness at treating pain, infections, colds, asthma, and other problems. So how do we make this awesome ginger tea?
You will need:
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground organic ginger.
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground organic turmeric
- 1 cup of purified water
- Organic honey
- Organic coconut milk
- Boil the cup of water. This won't take very long over the stove.
- Bring down to a simmer and add the ginger and turmeric. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add a splash of coconut milk and a dollop of honey for taste.