With diets getting higher and higher in animal fats, high cholesterol and heart disease is becoming a much greater problem. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in America.
It's avoidable with diet and exercise, but if you already have high cholesterol, try this Amish home remedy.
Of course, do not stop taking medication without consulting your doctor and get your cholesterol tested every six months.
To make this home remedy, you will need:
- 1 clove of organic garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon of organic, fresh lemon juice
- 1 thumb of organic ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of raw, organic, unfiltered honey
- Mix all ingredients in a blender and blend on a low speed.
- Add to a jar and refrigerate for a couple days.
- Drink small amounts throughout the day.
Each of the ingredients plays an important role in health. It's high in vitamins B and C, and the garlic and ginger both have compounds that help maintain good heart health.
When you make this beverage, you may want to water it down a bit. It's strong, but it works.
Follow Simple Organic Life and get the stories you care about most.