Cleaning the toilet is a job that nobody wants to do. But, you have to do it for sanitary, as well as, aesthetic reasons. I mean, who wants a nasty-smelling, dirty toilet in their home?
Well, I have found a way to keep my toilet clean and smelling fresh and I'm going to share it with you! The best part of this cleaner is that it is all natural and doesn't contain the toxins and chemicals found in store-bought cleaners. It's also much cheaper! WIN/WIN!!
All you need is:
- 1 Cup of baking soda
- 1/4 Cup of citric acid
- ½ Teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon hydrogen peroxide, 3%
- 20 drops essential oil of your choice (use thieves oil for extra cleaning boost)
- Mix the citric acid and baking soda in a bowl
- Pour the vinegar into a small spray bottle
- Add peroxide to the same bottle
- Cover and shake well to mix the ingredients
- Spray the vinegar/peroxide mix over the baking soda and citric acid in the bowl
- Continue to spray and mix until it's damp enough to form into balls. You may not need the entire bottle
- Add 20 drops of essential oils and mix well.
- Scoop mixture out by teaspoons
- Carefully place each bomb on a baking sheet covered with wax paper
- Use any remaining vinegar/peroxide mix to spray over the top of the toilet bombs. Don't omit this step as it helps them harden!
- Allow to dry, undisturbed, for 4-6 hours or overnight
- After they are completely dry, store them in an airtight container
Just place a bomb or two into the toilet, let dissolve and swish with a toilet brush to clean a few times a week. If you just want a quick freshener prior to company arriving, place one bomb in the toilet, allow to dissolve and flush. So simple to make and use, safe to use around children and pets, and so effective at cleaning and freshening!