The various kinds of children snack foods that we can find at our local grocery stores may not actually be the best kind of snack that you should be purchasing for your children. The reason behind this is because of the cancer causing artificial coloring as well as some products containing petroleum products within them.
If you didn't know, petroleum is the same ingredient that is used to make gas as well as oil. It's commonly added to food dyes, such as Red 40 and Yellow 5 being made from petroleum that pose serious issues to your health. According to The Federal Food and Drug Administration, or the FDA, have stated that ingestion is usually under the "concern threshold".
The issues that come along with this in concern of symptoms in children can result in cancer, allergic reactions, as well as hyperactivity. Just to list some of the other causes from artificial food coloring is that they have been linked to ear infections, obesity, asthma, diabetes, eczema, mood swings, sleep disturbances, ADD/ADHD, chromosomal damage, hives, bed-wetting, headaches, and even going as far as possibly obtaining hypoglycemia.
The British government and the European Union have all banned the use of dyes throughout all of Europe just to prove to you even further how toxic these really are. To name off five of the toxic kinds of snacks that you may be purchasing your children, be sure to be on the look for:
- Fruit Snacks - These contain food coloring as well as petroleum products.
- Pop Tarts - Contains high fructose corn syrup, sugar, dextrose, and petroleum products.
- Teddy Grams - They can be found in 5 different flavors, contains TBHQ, known to cause nausea, ringing in your ears, vomiting, delirium, and even causing someone to collapse.
- M & M's - Contains food coloring that is also based with petroleum products, as well as increasing brain tumors, allergic reactions, cancer, and hyperactivity.
- Cheetos - Contains food coloring that have petroleum based products and the "cheese" flavoring entails methyl benzoate and ethyl methylphenidate.
All of these are perfectly good reasons to avoid buying them ever again.