Health

This Boy Ate A Common Household Spice And It Ended Up Killing Him. You Need To Hear His Story

Sign up to receive the best of Simple Organic Life

He was a happy, healthy 4-year-old boy, and Brianna Radar considered Matthew her perfect son. He was a real acrobat, often climbing up on things he shouldn't be.

One day, Matthew was alone in the kitchen and he got into the spices. He decided to try to eat some of it and immediately began choking. His mother found him on the floor having a seizure. She did what she was supposed to and called 911. He was taken to the hospital, but two hours later died from accidental cinnamon asphyxiation.

The reason I post this is because of the now infamous viral phenomenon, the "Cinnamon Challenge." This challenge, if you haven't heard, involves taking a tablespoon of cinnamon in your mouth and swallowing it whole without liquids in under a minute. Most participants end up choking on it.

Matthew Radar wasn't intentionally taking this challenge of course, but it demonstrates that young kids and adults too can be seriously hurt or die from ingesting cinnamon. Matthew's story is truly tragic, and every parent should know the dangers.

YOU MAY LIKE
RELATED STORIES
Show Comments ()
Join the
Community

Follow Simple Organic Life and get the stories you care about most.

POPULAR CONTENT
Sponsored by Revcontent
HEALTHY DRINKS
DIET & WEIGHT LOSS
Get Simple Organic Life Newsletter